Grilled Pepper Steak Sandwich with Cream Cheese
Carolyn J Gardner
1-1 1/2 lbshaved steak or top loin beef chuck sliced thinly
1red pepper, thinly sliced
1green pepper,thinly sliced
1/2 largesweet onion, thinly sliced
3garlic cloves, smashed and minced
·olive oil,enough to stir fry steak,peppers, and onions
·red wine to taste
·salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbspsoy sauce, low sodium
1 Tbspteriyaki sauce
10multi grain folded flats
How to Make Grilled Pepper Steak Sandwich with Cream Cheese
- Heat oil in skillet. Stir fry peppers,onions and garlic together until crisply cooked. Do not cook until soft unless desired. Remove from skillet to bowl.
- Add meat and stir fry until cooked through, adding soy and teriyaki sauces,salt, pepper while cooking.
- Add red wine when meat and vegetables are done, deglaze the skillet. Remove from heat.
- Spread each multi grain flat fold with cream cheese and place meat and pepper combination on bun.
- If desired, place each sandwich in heated skillet, panini grill, or press down with cast iron press and lightly grill till golden brown. Remove from grill or skillet.
- Can be served warm or cold.