Grilled Pepper Steak Sandwich with Cream Cheese
Carolyn J Gardner
- 1-1 1/2 lb
- shaved steak or top loin beef chuck sliced thinly
- red pepper, thinly sliced
- green pepper,thinly sliced
- 1/2 large
- sweet onion, thinly sliced
- garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- olive oil,enough to stir fry steak,peppers, and onions
- red wine to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp
- teriyaki sauce
- cream cheese
- multi grain folded flats
How to Make Grilled Pepper Steak Sandwich with Cream Cheese
- 1Heat oil in skillet. Stir fry peppers,onions and garlic together until crisply cooked. Do not cook until soft unless desired. Remove from skillet to bowl.
- 2Add meat and stir fry until cooked through, adding soy and teriyaki sauces,salt, pepper while cooking.
- 3Add red wine when meat and vegetables are done, deglaze the skillet. Remove from heat.
- 4Spread each multi grain flat fold with cream cheese and place meat and pepper combination on bun.
- 5If desired, place each sandwich in heated skillet, panini grill, or press down with cast iron press and lightly grill till golden brown. Remove from grill or skillet.
- 6Can be served warm or cold.