★★★★★ 1 vote5
8-10 slicecube steak
1 pkgbrown gravy mix
1 1/2 Tbspcorn starch
How to Make Easy Cubed Steak and Gravy
- Place water in large pot and bring to a boil. Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a small bowl (large enough for dipping slices of cubed steak)
- Completely cover cubed steak pieces with flour mixture and brown in a saute pan in oil.
- Once water is boiling and pieces of cube steak are browned, drop pieces one at a time into the boiling water.
- Mix cornstarch and brown gravy mix together with a small amount of water to the thickness of glue and add to boiling water mixture.
- Lower heat and let cook for about 30 minutes. Gravy will thicken and steak will become so tender that it will fall apart.