DON'T PEEK Company Stew
You can leave it in the oven for up to 8 hours if you like, but not less than 4 hours. It can also be cooked in a crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high. Just DON'T PEEK! It is necessary to retain the moisture in the dish for a melt-in-your-mouth tender meal.
It freezes well, but freeze in the pan to avoid liquid leakage.
- 2 lb
- sirloin tip, cut into 1=-1/2" cubes
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced & separated
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, cut on the diagonal about 1-1/2'" long
- 6 medium
- carrots, cut on the diagonal about 1-1/2" long
- 8 oz
- mushrooms, canned
- 2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 3-4 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic, chopped
- 12 oz
- tomato juice
How to Make DON'T PEEK Company Stew
- 1Line a 9"x13" pan with heavy duty foil. /use one sheet in the length of the pan and one sheet in the width. Be sure to leave enough overlapping to seal the entire contents.
- 2Put meat and vegetables in foil-lined pan.
- 3Mix dry ingredients together and sprinkle over meat and vegetables.
- 4Pour tomato juice over all. Cover with foil and seal edges so that contents are completely covered and sealed.
- 5Bake in a preheated 250 degree F oven for 4 hours. DON'T PEEK!
- 6Can be served over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.