DON'T PEEK Company Stew
You can leave it in the oven for up to 8 hours if you like, but not less than 4 hours. It can also be cooked in a crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high. Just DON'T PEEK! It is necessary to retain the moisture in the dish for a melt-in-your-mouth tender meal.
It freezes well, but freeze in the pan to avoid liquid leakage.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbsirloin tip, cut into 1=-1/2" cubes
1 mediumonion, sliced & separated
3 stalk(s)celery, cut on the diagonal about 1-1/2'" long
6 mediumcarrots, cut on the diagonal about 1-1/2" long
8 ozmushrooms, canned
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 Tbspgarlic, chopped
12 oztomato juice
How to Make DON'T PEEK Company Stew
- Line a 9"x13" pan with heavy duty foil. /use one sheet in the length of the pan and one sheet in the width. Be sure to leave enough overlapping to seal the entire contents.
- Put meat and vegetables in foil-lined pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together and sprinkle over meat and vegetables.
- Pour tomato juice over all. Cover with foil and seal edges so that contents are completely covered and sealed.
- Bake in a preheated 250 degree F oven for 4 hours. DON'T PEEK!
- Can be served over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.