Chinese Cabbage Stir Fry
One option: begin with browning some ground pork or sausage, and this side dish becomes a main dish.
- head chinese cabbage or small green cabbage
- 1/2 lb
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 c
- grated carrot
- 1 medium
- onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp
- sesame-flavored chinese cooking oil
- 1/2 c
- + 2 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- fresh or refrigerated minced garlic
- black pepper and ground ginger
How to Make Chinese Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1Coarsely shred the cabbage. Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet. Add all the vegetables. Stir fry about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup soy sauce. Lower heat and cover; steam for 5 minutes.
- 2Stir together the 2 tbsp soy sauce, water, cornstarch and sugar until well blended. Pour immediately into the middle of the skillet. Sprinkle with garlic, pepper and ginger, and stir thoroughly. Raise heat to medium; heat through until sauce is thick and clear.