Casey's Breakfast Protein Shake
The calorie count for this shake is:
1 cup 1% milk - 102
1 cup apple juice = 115
2 cup frozen fruit = approz 140
1 lg banana = 121
2 scoop whey protein powder = 150
This equals 628 cal divided x 3 = 210 calories, 12 oz each.
- 1 c
- milk, non fat, soy, almond, rice, your choice
- 1 c
- apple juice, unsweetened
- scoops whey protein powder
- 2 - 3 c
- unsweetened frozen fruit...we use a combo of blueberries, strawberries, peaches, bing cherries, pineapple..you can use what u like but the darker the fruit the more antioxidants in them.
- 1 large
- if you want it sweeter, use a couple of packets of stevia
How to Make Casey's Breakfast Protein Shake
- 1In a large blender container, put all ingredients. Blend until thick and emmulsified. The frozen fruit is usually less expensive than fresh unless u grow it yourself. It makes the shake thick and delicious. This shake replaces breakfast and provides all the protien, vitamins and antioxodants you will need and you won't be hungry until lunch.
- 2An alternative to the fruit shakes is a chocolate peanut butter one. We use 1/2 a box(3oz) of sugar free chocolate fudge instant pudding, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 2 Tbl dark cocoa powder, and a banana..add this to the milk and apple juice or just all milk in the fruit shake recipe.