MINTED PUNCH ( nonspiked )
- 5 c
- whole cloves
- cinnamon stick 3 to 4 inches long
- 1 Tbsp
- minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1/2 c
- 1 medium
- lemon cut in half
How to Make MINTED PUNCH ( nonspiked )
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir ginger and mint, bring the mixture to a boil.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium and simmer uncovered until the liquid is reduced to 4 cups, about 15 minutes.
- 3Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 4Squeeze the juice from half of the lemon into the punch and mix well. Strain the punch into a chilled pitcher or punch bowl, discard the solids.
- 5Thinly slice the other lemon half and add to the punch.
- 6Serve the punch warm, or cover it tightly and chill for at least two hours or as long as overnight