MINTED PUNCH ( nonspiked )
1cinnamon stick 3 to 4 inches long
1 Tbspminced fresh ginger root
1/2 cchopped fresh mint leaves for garnish
1 mediumlemon cut in half
How to Make MINTED PUNCH ( nonspiked )
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir ginger and mint, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer uncovered until the liquid is reduced to 4 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze the juice from half of the lemon into the punch and mix well. Strain the punch into a chilled pitcher or punch bowl, discard the solids.
- Thinly slice the other lemon half and add to the punch.
- Serve the punch warm, or cover it tightly and chill for at least two hours or as long as overnight