Blackberry Sun Tea
J. White Harris
- 3 qt
- family-sized iced tea bags or 6 regular-sized
- 2 c
- fresh or frozen blackberries
- ice, lime and fresh blackberries for garnish (optional)
- simple syrup for sweetness
- 1 c
- 1 c
How to Make Blackberry Sun Tea
- 1Using a large glass container (not plastic!), add the tea bags and blackberries to the three quarts of water. Cover container well and set in an area will it will receive at least 3-5 hours of continuous sunlight.
- 2Once brewed, remove tea bags, top with cold water and serve over ice. For sweet tea, stir in a little simple syrup.
- 3Simple syrup is made with equal parts sugar and water and very easy to make. Once made, it will keep in a glass bottle in the refrigerator for months, so go ahead and whip up a batch to have on hand.
Bring water to a boil and stir in sugar until dissolved then remove from heat and cool. Refrigerate until needed.