Pumpkin Milk (with a vanilla milk base)
Great way to use up that last little bit of pumpkin left in the can after making a recipe. I often make a mugful in place of coffee in the evening when I don't really want caffeine.
- 1 mug full to 1 quart milk
- 1- 2 tsp
- sugar or 1-2 packets sugar substitute per mug full, more or less to desired sweetness
- 1/4-1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice (for pumpkin milk) or up to 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon and nutmeg (for vanilla milk) per mug full, more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract per mug full, up to 1 tsp for a qt of milk
- 3 Tbsp
- pumpkin puree per mug full, up to 1 cup for a qt of milk
How to Make Pumpkin Milk (with a vanilla milk base)
- 1Stir all ingredients together in a heavy bottomed saucepan. For vanilla milk omit pumpkin. Cook over medium heat until warmed through but DO NOT BOIL.
Taste to adjust sweetness or spice just before mixture reaches desired temperature.
- 2Serve hot with a dusting of cinnamon. Yummy!