Hot Spiced Cider Sachets
- 6 large
- cinnamon sticks, each 3 inches long
- whole cardamon pods
- whole cloves
- crystallized ginger slices, each about 1 inch in diameter
- 12 small
- bay leaves, dried
- 5 inch squares cheesecloth
How to Make Hot Spiced Cider Sachets
- 1Cut 6 cheesecloth squares into 5- inch squares. Break the cinnamon sticks into pieces and divide then evenly among the squares.
- 2Place 5 cardamon pods, 5 cloves, 3 ginger slices and 2 bay leaves on each square. Brings the corners of each square together and tie with kitchen string, white thread or twine. Use as soon as possible or place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- 3To Make Cider:
2 quarts water with 1 sachet in covered pan for 30 minutes. Ladle into mugs and enjoy. Sweeten to taste if desired.