Creamy Raw Almond Milk
Well she talked me into it and needless to say I fell in love with it.Unfortunately it's pricier than regular milk.
My husband had a whole box of raw almonds given to him and I got so excited about all the baking I was going to do with these almonds.It wasn't til I came across bags of almonds at a yard sale,when the light came on, and the woman told me how to make almond milk.I was having a "well,duh" moment.
So here it is.I absolutely love it.ENJOY
How to Make Creamy Raw Almond Milk
- Soak the almonds overnight or up to two days.Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with about an inch of water.Let stand,uncovered,up to 48 hours but no less than 10 hours.The longer the almonds soak,the creamier the milk.
- Drain and rinse the almonds thoroughly with cold water.
- Combine TWO cups of the water and almonds in a blender.blend at highest speed for 2 min. but first pulse to break up the almonds.( the almonds should be broken down into a very fine meal,and the water should be white and opaque.)If using a food processor,process for 4 min.total. Scrape down the sides half way through.
- Strain the almonds through a wire mesh lined with a cheese cloth or nut bag,into a bowl large enough to hold four cups.Press all the almond milk from the almond meal.
- Add meal back to your blender or processor with the remaining 2 cups of water and repeat step 3 and 4.
- Pour milk into your desired quart container and refrigerate up to 3 days. ENJOY