Clean Eating Green Fruit Smoothie
The psyllium hulls and flaxseed in the recipe help your digestion and fiber intake. They can be found at some grocery and most health food stores. I use a soy based protein powder.
- 2 c
- fresh spinach or kale, cleaned and rough chopped
- 2 c
- bananas, peeled
- 3 c
- fruit, chopped, fresh or frozen or sugar fee canned
- 1 Tbsp
- psyllium hulls or husks or flaxseed
- 1 scoop(s)
- protein powder, any flavor, optional
- 1/2 c
How to Make Clean Eating Green Fruit Smoothie
- 1Clean and chop all fruits and veggies. I use berries, peaches, pineapple, melon, whatever is fresh or on sale including frozen. I try to limit canned fruit as it's processed, if you use it, make sure it's sugar free or no sugar added.
- 2Put spinach or kale in a blender with the water. Blend until it's all liquified.
- 3Add fruit and other ingredients with ice. Blend all ingredients until creamy.
NOTE: Any leftover can be refrigerated for later in the day. I sometimes double this so I can have it in the frig for healthy snacks!