Nimbu Pani - Lemon - Date Beverage from India
Please note that the cooking time is actually setting time for the flavors to blend.
You will still need to place it in the fridge for an hour or two. This sounds like a nice drink that I can't wait to try.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- lemons, juicy (nimbu)
- 8 c
- honey dates, pitted and halved (khajoor)
- 1/3 c
- honey (shahad)
How to Make Nimbu Pani - Lemon - Date Beverage from India
- 1Cut the lemons in halves crosswise.
- 2Remove the zest from 6 of the halves and squeeze out the juice.
- 3Slice the remaining 2 lemon halves into thin rounds.
- 4Place the water and the dates in a sauce pan and gently boil for 10 minutes.
- 5Next add the zest and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the honey, lemon juice & lemon slices, and set aside, loosely covered, for 8-12 hours.
- 7Strain through a muslin lined sieve and place in fridge to chill.
- 8For best results, serve in chilled glasses with no ice.