Nimbu Pani - Lemon - Date Beverage from India
Please note that the cooking time is actually setting time for the flavors to blend.
You will still need to place it in the fridge for an hour or two. This sounds like a nice drink that I can't wait to try.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4lemons, juicy (nimbu)
10honey dates, pitted and halved (khajoor)
1/3 choney (shahad)
How to Make Nimbu Pani - Lemon - Date Beverage from India
- Cut the lemons in halves crosswise.
- Remove the zest from 6 of the halves and squeeze out the juice.
- Slice the remaining 2 lemon halves into thin rounds.
- Place the water and the dates in a sauce pan and gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Next add the zest and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the honey, lemon juice & lemon slices, and set aside, loosely covered, for 8-12 hours.
- Strain through a muslin lined sieve and place in fridge to chill.
- For best results, serve in chilled glasses with no ice.