Orange Ice Cream Soda
You could also use Meyer lemon or ruby red grapefruit juice with this recipe. (You could also substitute the juice for your favorite lemon, orange or grapefruit liqueur or soda).
So many possibilities...
- 6 Tbsp
- blood orange juice, fresh
- 1 tsp
- orange juice, for rimming
- 2 tsp
- white sugar, for rimming
- 4 tsp
- white sugar
- 2/3 - 1 c
- club soda
- 1/2 c
- vanilla ice cream, large scoop
- orange slice, garnish
How to Make Orange Ice Cream Soda
- 1Rub orange juice on the edge of glass and then place the glass in white sugar to rim glass.
- 2Set the prepared glass in freezer to chill until needed.
- 3Next dissolve the 4 tsp of sugar in 6 tbsp of orange juice.
- 4Pour the orange mixture into the prepared glass.
- 5Add the club soda and top with ice cream.
- 6Pour the remaining orange juice and sugar (if any - from rimming the glass) over the ice cream and garnish glass with an orange slice.
- 7Serve with a straw and a spoon, enjoy immediately.
- 8*Please Note* - use the same measurements for liqueurs as for juice.
- 9*Please Note* - If using sodas instead of juice or liqueurs, please substitute the club soda with your preferred soda, (lemon, orange or grapefruit).