Swedish Egg Coffee
Mary Ann Hanson
- 1 large
- coffee, regular grind
How to Make Swedish Egg Coffee
- 1Fill coffeepot half full of water. Fill a teakettle with water. Put both on the stove to bring to a boil.
- 2Break egg into a small jar. Add about a tablespoon of water. Replace lid and shake vigorously to blend well.
- 3Spoon desired amount of coffee for the cups needed into a small bowl.
- 4Pour some of the egg mixture over coffee in the bowl until well moistened. Mix well.
- 5When water is boiling, add coffee mixture to the coffeepot and stir a couple of times and then leave it alone. Watch closely. It will boil over FAST!
- 6When the coffee mixture in pot starts to come to a boil and rises in the pot, turn off heat and top off the pot with boiling water from the teakettle.
- 7Cover coffee and let set for a minute with no heat. After a minute pour about 1/4 cup cold water over grounds floating in the pot (this helps them settle).
- 8Cover coffeepot and let it set for another minute or two. If grounds have not settled, gently push them down with a spoon.
- 9Pour coffee into cups through a strainer. Enjoy with milk or cream and sugar or just black!