Suzy's Bread Pudding
Eat hot, cold or a sliced portion from the freezer microwaved with maple syrup as you would a dutch apple pancake.
Apples are my favorite thing to add to this but there are endless possibilities.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar (brown or white or a mix of both)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a loaf of cubed pepperidge farm cinnamon raisin bread (or whole loaf for double batch)
- **optional ingredients....apples, bananas, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, dates, oatmeal, coconut and anything else tasty you can think of!
How to Make Suzy's Bread Pudding
- 1This is so simple and so good. It is great both hot and cold or microwaved a serving from the pan straight from the freezer. It will keep for a long time if it doesn't get eaten first. I have experimented through the years with adding a number of different things to this basic bread pudding recipe. I usually add apples and make a double batch using a whole loaf of Pepperidge Farms cinnamon raisin bread. I increase the cooking time to an hour and a half when I make a double batch. The test for doneness is when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean like a cake. You can also tell because all of a sudden it will look like a quiche and poof up. It will slowly sink as it is cooled after baking. I have used cranberries, apples, bananas, oat meal for added fiber, blue berries, dates and cream cheese....just to name a few ingredients. I usually make the double batch and then freeze it. You can individually when frozen cut slices and top with maple syrup and microwave and eat it for breakfast. Use microwaved bread pudding as a base for a scoop of ice cream for a tasty desert. It is so simple and has good ingredients in it but tasty!!
Suzy's Bread Pudding
Beat together 4 eggs, 2 cups of milk, 1/3 cup of sugar (can use brown and white sugar or all brown), 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Place 1/2 a loaf of cubed Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Raisin bread in a square 9x9 pan. (the pan doesn't have to be greased).
Pour egg mixture over all.
Bake 325 for 40 to 45 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.