Southern Banana Pudding
- 1 pkg
- (4 serving size) jell-o vanilla or banana cream flavor cook & serve pudding & pie filling (not instant)
- 2 1/2 c
- egg yolks, well beaten
- vanilla wafers
- 2 large
- bananas, sliced
- egg whites
- 1/4 c
How to Make Southern Banana Pudding
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Stir pudding mix into milk in med. saucepan. Add egg yolks. Stirring constantly, cook on med. heat until mixture comes to full boil. Remove from heat.
- 3Arrange layer of cookies on bottom and side of 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Add layer of banana slices; top with 1/3 of the pudding. Repeat layers twice, ending with pudding.
- 4Beat egg whites and salt in med. bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon meringue mixture lightly onto pudding, spreading to edge of dish to seal.
- 5Bake 10-15 mins. or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve warm or refrigerafe until ready to serve.