Raisin Custard Bread Pudding
- 4 slice
- thick bread, cubed
- 1/4 c
- 2 1/4 c
- milk, scalded (heated to almost boiling)
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, cut up
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg ( sprinkle on top)
How to Make Raisin Custard Bread Pudding
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 1 quart casserole dish
- 2Cube 4 slices of thick bread, I used 2 day old French Bread. Add bread and raisins to to scalded milk and let set 5 min.
- 3To the milk and bread mixture add cut up butter, sugar, salt, beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir well, make sure eggs are incorporated.
- 4Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- 5Place the 1 quart casserole dish into a hot water bath. *13 X 9 casserole dish and fill the 13x9 with hot water. ( around 4 cups water).
Bake for 50-60 or until fairly firm.
- 6I serve this warm with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream ! (as if it isn't rich enough)...lol