Cappuccino Creme Brûlée
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)(385 ml) can undiluted evaporated milk
1 c(250 ml) coffee
2/3 c150 ml granulated sugar
1 tsp(5 ml) vanilla
1/4 tsp(1 ml) salt
1/4 c(50 ml) lightly packed brown sugar
How to Make Cappuccino Creme Brûlée
- Combine evaporated milk and coffee in a saucepan. Heat just until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
- Add granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Beat eggs well in large bowl. Gradually stir hot milk mixture into eggs.
- Pour into 6 inch-4 cup soufflé dish. Place dish in a pan of hot water about 1" (3 cm) up dish. Bake at 300 degrees F. (150 C) for 50 - 60 minutes or until centre is set and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Chill until cooled.
ALTERNATIVELY pour into 6-6oz custard cups and bake 30-35 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle brown sugar over custard. Place as close as possible under preheated broiler, and broil until sugar is melted and browned..