Thousand Dollar Malt Shoppe Pie
- 9-inch refrigerated pie crust,
- 1/3 c
- light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/3 c
- malted milk powder
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 14 oz
- can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 8 oz
- container thawed cool whip, divided
- 3/4 c
- crushed chocolate-covered malted milk balls,divided
- chocolate syrup, maraschino cherries
How to Make Thousand Dollar Malt Shoppe Pie
- 1Heat oven to 450^. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides of crust with for to prevent shrinking and bubbling. Bake pie crust in a glass pie plate for about 15- 20 minutes. Cool completely.Check so as not to burn.
- 2Combine sugar,malted milk powder, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat, stir in chips and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until cooled.
- 3When cold fold in 1 1/4 cups of the whipped topping into the filling. Fold in 1/2 cup of malted balls.
Spoon filling into cooled, baked crust.
Top pie with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed malted balls. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with a cherries. Keep refrigerated.