How to Make The BEST Pie Crust
- Put flour, sugar, and salt in food processor and pulse until mixed.
- Drop in butter and shortening, slowly, pulsing until flour is the size of small peas.
- Slowly add in water, a tablespoon at a time, pulsing continuously, until dough just comes together. Don't add too much. Sometimes you only need a few tablespoons, sometimes you'll need more, just depends on the dough.
- Pour dough out on a floured surface and knead until it just comes together. Cut into 2 sections and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before handling.
- Roll the dough out one section of dough on a floured surface (or wax paper) and press into a buttered 9 inch pie pan.
- After adding desired filling, roll out the other section of dough and cover the pie, sealing the edges. (Egg wash will help it brown before baking)
- Bake according to the directions of your filling.