Sue's Banana Cream Pie
Cousin Mia shared her mothers heirloom recipe with me.
1baked pastry shell or graham cracker crust
1 2/3 cwater
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated
3egg yolks, beaten
3banana, medium size
1 pkgwhip cream
How to Make Sue's Banana Cream Pie
- Slice and dip bananas in lemon juice and drained.
- In heavy sauce pan, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir in condensed milk and beaten egg yolks.
Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Cool slightly.
Arrange two bananas on bottom of prepared pie crust. Pour filling over bananas; cover.
Chill four hours or until set.
- Spread top with cool whip and decorate with remaining banana slices. Refrigerate.
- Microwave: combine ingredients as above. Cook on high for 5-6 minutes in microwave safe bowl. Stirring after 3 minutes, then after each minute there after until thick. Proceed as above.