Sue's Banana Cream Pie
Cousin Mia shared her mothers heirloom recipe with me.
- baked pastry shell or graham cracker crust
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 2/3 c
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated
- egg yolks, beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- banana, medium size
- 1 pkg
- whip cream
How to Make Sue's Banana Cream Pie
- 1Slice and dip bananas in lemon juice and drained.
- 2In heavy sauce pan, dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir in condensed milk and beaten egg yolks.
Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 3Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Cool slightly.
Arrange two bananas on bottom of prepared pie crust. Pour filling over bananas; cover.
Chill four hours or until set.
- 4Spread top with cool whip and decorate with remaining banana slices. Refrigerate.
- 5Microwave: combine ingredients as above. Cook on high for 5-6 minutes in microwave safe bowl. Stirring after 3 minutes, then after each minute there after until thick. Proceed as above.