Strawberry Shortcake Stack
- 4 pt
- strawberries, fresh, trimmed and sliced in halves
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury pie crusts (2 rolled crust in package)
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- whipped cream, sweetened
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Stack
- 1Roll out pie crusts; cut in strips (about 1 /1/2 in. width). Place on sprayed (oil) baking sheet and sprinkle strips with Sparkling white sugar. Bake at 375 degree until strips are golden brown, about 7 - 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- 2Wash strawberries and reserve one pint; cut the rest in halves and set aside. Process the one pint of berries in your food processor (for 1 cup of puree). In a microwavable bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch; stir to blend. Add the puree and water. Microwave the mixture at 70% power for 9 minutes, stirring well with a wooden spoon every 3 minutes. The mixture will be thick and translucent. Add the butter and stir until it is melted; add vanilla. Cool.
- 3Combine the strawberry halves (reserve a few for garnish) with sauce in a bowl. In individual serving dishes, layer broken pieces of the cooked crust, and a layer of the strawberry mixture; repeat layers; top with whipped cream and a reserved strawberry halve. Note: These can be made up as needed for serving.