STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
1 qtfresh strawberries
1 tsplemon juice
·red food coloring drops
2 Tbsplight cream
1 pkg(3 oz.) cream cheese
19" baked pastry shell
How to Make STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
- Sprinkle the berries with sugar; toss lightly. Let stand about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drain all juice from the berries. Add water to juice to make 1-1/4 cups liquid. In a saucepan, heat the liquid to boiling.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/4 cup water with cornstarch. Add gradually to boiling liquid, stirring constantly. Cook until clear.
- To the juice mixture, add butter, salt, lemon juice and a few drops of red food coloring. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add light cream to the cream cheese; mix until smooth. Spread over bottom of baked pie shell.
- Add the whole berries to the cooked mixture. Pour into pie shell and chill well, at least 2 hours.