Rustic Cream Cheese & Fruit Galette
The recipe is originally from ThreeManyCooks.
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- cornstarch, divided
- whole egg, separated
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar, plus a little for sprinkling
- 2 tsp
- almond extract, divided
- 2 c
- fruit (berries, peaches, apricots, thinly sliced plums, etc.)
- refrigerated pie crust
How to Make Rustic Cream Cheese & Fruit Galette
- 1Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp. of the cornstarch, egg yolk, and 1 tsp. of the almond extract.
- 2In separate bowl, mix fruit, 2 Tbsp. of sugar, remaining 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch, and 1 tsp. of almond extract.
- 3On a baking sheet or pie plate (better for containing drips and transporting), unfurl pie crust. Spread cream cheese mixture, leaving a 2" boarder. Top with fruit mix. Fold pastry border over the fruit. Brush dough perimeter with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Bake at 400 degrees F, about 30 min., until golden brown and bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.