Peach Ice Cream Pie with Amaretti Cookie Crust
This pie is so refreshing on a warm summer night- after a long day at work- to just relax with a cup of coffee and a piece of this delicious pie!, says me!!
- 1 1/3 c
- finely ground amaretti cookies(italian macaroons)
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1 pinch
- 1/4 c
- unsalted butter, melted
- 3 lb
- firm but ripe peaches, halved, pitted, cut into 3/4 inch wide wedges
- 1 c
- packed golden brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4 qt
- vanilla ice cream( 9 cups)
- 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped amaretti cookies, for garnish
- 2/3 c
- chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp
- golden brown sugar, packed
How to Make Peach Ice Cream Pie with Amaretti Cookie Crust
- 1Amaretti cookies are available at supermarkets and Italian markets.
For easy application of this recipe use purchased peach ice cream instead of mixing up you own. But let me tell you the roasted peaches are the best.
Preheat oven to 350^ Coat a 9-inch glass pie dish with nonstick spray. Mix the finely ground crumbs, 1 Tablespoon of sugar. and pinch of salt in medium bowl. Add lukewarm melted butter; mix to blend. Press crumbs onto bottom and up sides of dish to form a crust. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.Cool completely on wire rack.
- 3Preparing peaches: (if making your own mixture- skip if using store bought peach ice cream).
Preheat broiler. Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Coat with non stick spray. Arrange peach slices in single layer on sheet. Broil until they begin to brown about 3 to 4 minutes.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of brown sugar over peaches. Broil until sugar melts and caramelizes, rotating sheet for even cooking, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Place peaches and juices to a large bowl- do not use any burnt parts. Add 3/4 cup of brown sugar, lemon juice and salt to peaches; stir until sugar dissolves. Cover; chill until cold , about 2 hours.
(I make the peaches the night before to save time.)
Slightly soften the vanilla ice cream in microwave on low power in 20 second intervals. Stir to smooth but not soup.
Place ice cream in a large bowl. Fold in the yummy peach mixture. They will break apart- that's good. Spoon about 2/3 of the ice cream into the cooled crust; smooth the top. Cover and freeze pie about 4 hours.
- 5With the remaining ice cream - make level scoops and arrange in a circle on top of pie. (This pie can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep frozen).
With your electric mixer, beat the whipping cream and the remaining 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form . Sprinkle Coarsely crushed coolie crumbs over pie. Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of brown sugar whipped cream. Eat Enjoy! This is heaven.