" It's Mint To Be" Chocolate Cream Pie
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The light mint flavor in this pie pairs perfectly with its light, creamy texture. Definitely worthy of seconds... The Test Kitchen
- (9 5/8-in.) pie shell
- (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large
- york peppermint patties
- 2 Tbsp
- boiling water
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- heavy or whipping cream, whipped
- 1/3 c
- sliced almonds
- miniature york peppermint patties, halved
How to Make " It's Mint To Be" Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1Bake pie shell according to package directions for prebaked crust. Cool completely.
- 2Combine cocolate and large peppermint patties in small heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat until almost melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. (Mixture will be very thick.) Gradually add boiling water, stirring until mixture is smooth and shiny. Cool well.
- 3Cream together butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Blend in chocolate mixture. Then gradually fold chocolate-egg mixture into whipped cream. Turn into prepared pie shell and decorate edge of pie with almonds and miniature peppermint patties.
- 4Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. (This pie is VERY rich so cut into small pieces.)