LEMON CHESS PIE
Rose Mary Mogan
- 9 inch deep dish unbaked pie shell
- 3 medium
- lemons, zest, juice, & inside membrane (pulp)
- 6 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 3/4 c
- sugar, more if you like real sweet
- 1/2 stick
- butter melted
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow corn meal
- 1/4 c
- heavy whipping cream
How to Make LEMON CHESS PIE
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Zest lemons first, and set aside. Then squeeze juice into a small bowl, remove the inside membranes, and add to lemon juice. Then pour all into food processor, and pulse till pieces are broken up, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- 2Crack eggs into a small bowl, pour into shute of processor and pulse till blended and mixed with lemon juice.
- 3Combine sugar with corn meal & flour and stir to mix. Then pour into shute of processor and blend till combined thourgly. Now add melted butter, lemon zest, & heavy whipping cream, pulse again.
- 4Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust. Bake in preheated 400 DEGREE F. oven and bake for 10 minutes. Then LOWER temperature to 325 Degrees F. and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes, till pie is firm and golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then refrigerate till completely cold, if you can wait that long. Serve with whipped topping or sweetened whipping cream. Garnish with maraschino Cherry half and lemon slice if desired, with a sprig of mint leaf.
- 5My husband loved this cool light and creamy dessert. This was the first time I made it for him. So I am happy and so is he.