Kentucky stack pie.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cmelted buttery
2 cbrown sugar
How to Make Kentucky stack pie.
- Beat eggs well and cream in sugar beat well
- Add butter and cream beat well
- Pour 1 cup into each pie crust. The pie that will be on the bottom fill with a little more filling.
- Bake 350° about 45 minutes or until
It is bubbly and almost set
- Cool pies in pans.
Once fully cooled remove from pans . it may take a knife around edges. I admit store bought is easier . don't worry about broken edges they get trimmed
- Place fullest pie on bottom and stack others on top
- Trim pie crust edges off.
Cook 2 cups brown sugar and cream until soft ball stage. It will be brown and bubbly. A bit on a spoon when dunked in cold water will form a blob
- Beat until creamy. This can take a few minutes depending on your mixer.
- Ice the stacked pies.
If icing hardens while icing mix in a wee bit of cream in very small amount.