Fruits of the Farm Pie
How to Make Fruits of the Farm Pie
- 1Combine fruits in a bowl.
- 2Combine sugar, flour, salt, tapioca, lemon juice and zest in another bowl. Mix into fruit and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, roll out crust and place in a 9" pie plate. Keep other half in refrigerator.
- 4Pour fruit into crust and dot with butter.
- 5Put on top crust. Flute and brush with milk. Slit crust in a few places and sprinkle with sugar.
- 6Shield crust with foil or commercial pie crust shield. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn down oven and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove shield and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until fruit is bubbling out of slits.
- 7Cool a bit so filling sets up and serve with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.