Coconut Oil Pie Crust
- 3/4 c
- solid coconut oil very cold (or 6 tablespoons solid coconut oil and 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 c
- unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp
- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- ice cold water ( put ice in glass add water before you start)
How to Make Coconut Oil Pie Crust
- 1Cut the coconut oil into the flour and salt with a pastry blender.
Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time and mix well, until it looks smooth but shaggy.
Chill dough wrapped in plastic for 25 minutes.Remove plastic.
- 2Roll dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pastry will be tender. Roll out dough to fit pie plate.
Remove top paper. Flip the crust in pie plate with the other waxed paper side up and remove it once the crust is centered. Cut and flute edge .
Pierce crust with fork all over and bake in 375^ oven for 8-10 minutes till lightly browned.
- 3Prepare your favorite cream or fluff or pudding filling and place in the baked crust.Cool and enjoy. Great crust for banana cream pie or pineapple fluff pie.