Brandy Hazelnut Cheese Pie
8 ozcream cheese, softened
1/2 cricotta cheese
4 largeeggs, divided
3/4 csugar, divided
4 tspbrandy, divided
1 1/4 ccoarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts plus 1/2 c finely chopped toasted hazelnuts (for crust)
1 clight corn syrup
How to Make Brandy Hazelnut Cheese Pie
- Fit crust into 9" pie pan and crimp edges
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 c sugar, 2 tsp brandy and salt on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour mixture into piecrust and top with 1 1/4 c hazelnuts.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together corn syrup, 3 eggs, 1/4 c sugar and 2 tsp. brandy.
- Pour mixture over hazelnuts and place pie on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven on lower rack for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
- Remove and cool on wire rack approximately 1 hour. Serve or chill and serve. Serves 8