Baked Chocolate Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- one-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 c
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk, (12 ounce can)
- unbaked 9" pie shell
- whipped cream, for garnish
How to Make Baked Chocolate Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; add eggs and vanilla, stirring well. Set aside.
- 2Combine chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until the chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Gradually add milk, beating with a wire whisk until well blended. Add the egg mixture, stirring well to combine.
- 3Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie shell. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Let cool slightly. Chill at least 4 hours. Garnish, if desired.