Aunt Kerry's Dutch Apple Pie
8 cgala or any sweet apples
1 tspnutmeg or allspice
1/2 cbutter; firm not soft
1/2 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
How to Make Aunt Kerry's Dutch Apple Pie
- First get all your ingredients measured and together.
Pre-Heat Oven 425 Degrees
- Core apples, than slice. Put apples into large glass bowl. Mix well with 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp nutmeg or allspice, 1 tsp cinnamon and a dash of salt.
- Next in a medium cold metal bowl, mix 1/2 cup firm butter.(butter must be cold) and mixture should be crumbly not soft. 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar. I use a large fork to mix all the topping ingredients. Remember should be crumbly.
- Now pour or scoop apple mixture into graham cracker pie crust. Than spoon crumbly topping mixture over the apples.
- Place pie on sheet pan, put into 425 degree oven. Bake for 50 minutes. Cover topping with aluminum foil if topping gets too brown.
- Remove from oven let cool.
I usually bake this pie a day before I want to serve it. You can also heat it up in the microwave and serve with vanilla ice cream.