APPLE SLICES with a CREAM CHEESE CRUST
Nancy J. Patrykus
I WOULD SNEAK ONE, AND EAT it ON THE WAY HOME!....
NOW I CAN BAKE MY OWN, and eat as many as I want!!!
WITH OUT BEING YELLED AT !.....LOL
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese ...softened
- 1 c
- 3-1/4 c
- flour....divided !
- granny smith apples....peeled, cored, & sliced.(i used johnny golds)
- 1-1/4 c
- sugar.........i always reduce the amount of sugar.
- 1 tsp
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- water........i had to use 2 tabl. ..so it would be runny
How to Make APPLE SLICES with a CREAM CHEESE CRUST
- 2Shape into 2 oblong patties.
Place one pattie on a large lightly flouredsheet of waxed paper., flatten slightly.
Cover with the 2nd piece of slightly floured waxed paper.
INvert baking pan over the rolled out dough.
Flip pan and dough together.
Remove the sheet of waxed paper.
Gently press dough onto the bottom of pan, and up the sidesof pan.
Roll out dough to a 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 inch rectangle.
Discard the top sheet of waxed paper.
- 4Repeat rolling out the second crust, with two sheets of waxed paper. to make another rectangle.
Remove top sheet, and carefully flip dough over apples.
Discard waxed paper.
Tuck edges of dough down sides of psn to enclose the apples.
Make several slits on the top crust to vent.
Bake 35-40 minutes, or untill golden.