Amish Sugar Cream Pie
I recommend 100 Year Old Pie Crust for this pie.
How to Make Amish Sugar Cream Pie
- In sauce pan combine, white sugar, salt, half-and-half and whipping cream.
Bring to a boil.
- In another sauce pan, combine brown sugar & cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in hot mixture into brown sugar mixture.
- Add Butter.
Cook over med. heat, whisk constantly, 5 min or until thick.
- Simmer 1 minute and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell and sprinkle w/cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.