AMERICAN GLORY APPLE CHEESE PIE
- recipe 2 - crust pie pastry
- 2 c
- chedder cheese, grated
- 6 c
- peeled sliced apples
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 4 or 5
- crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 c
- chopped nuts (opt.)
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make AMERICAN GLORY APPLE CHEESE PIE
- 1Prepare pie pastry, adding 1 cup cheddar cheese. Roll out on floured board.
- 2Line deep 10 inch shell with pastry. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice.
- 3Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add apples, tossing lightly.
- 4Sprinkle crumbs and nuts in pie shell Top with 1/2of the remaining cheese. Repeat layers of apples and cheese ending with apples.
- 5Mound last layer of apples slightly in center, dot with butter.
- 6Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes longer.