Wonton Dessert Appetizers
This recipe is to help you use up leftover desserts;such as cake, cupcakes, fudge, pie, custards, pudding, cheesecake,fresh fruit,canned fruit..etc...
- 12 Tbsp
- leftover dessert ,more or less
- wonton wrappers, more or less
- oil for frying, enough to cover wonton to fry
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- coconut cream or other flavored cream
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c
- chocolate chips to compliment the dessert( butterscotch. milk or dark chocolate or peanut butter chips or white)
COCONUT CARAMEL DIPPING SAUCE:
How to Make Wonton Dessert Appetizers
- 1Wonton Desserts:
In each wonton wrapper place 1 Tablespoon of leftover dessert of choice, wet the edges with water and fold into desired wonton shape.
Heat oil to 350^ and carefully place filled wontons into oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- 2Coconut Caramel Sauce:
Heat sugar over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. As soon as the sugar begins to melt, stir quickly with a wooden spoon. When it comes to a boil, stop stirring and add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate of choice.
- 3When the sugar and chocolate have melted and is amber in color, add the butter , stir until melted and then remove from heat. Slowly add the coconut cream milk and salt and continue to whisk to blend.
Whisk until the caramel is smooth. Let cool in pan for a couple of minutes before pouring it into serving dish. Serve with wonton desserts.