Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Rev BJ Friley
A moist, flavorful bread filled with the nutritional benefits of whole wheat flour and wheat germ. Make two loaves and freeze one for later use.
Tips: For a less dense loaf of bread, substitute 1 cup of white flour for 1 cup of the whole wheat flour.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cwhole wheat flour
1 Tbspwheat germ
1 tspbaking soda
2 ccut-up ripe banana
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Measure flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt into large bowl.
- Stir to blend.
- In bowl of food processor, combine the eggs, banana, honey, vegetable oil, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour over flour mixture.
- Add walnuts.
- Stir with rubber spatula just until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until sides pull away from pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool on rack before removing from pan.