SOUR CHERRY CLAFOUTI
When thinking of something quick and easy to bake. this is my favourite "go-to" recipe from KRAFT FOODS HEALTHY LIVING; LIVING WELL WITH DIABETES. Have it prepared and ready to pop into the oven when you start your main course.... Presumably, your oven will already be preheated; the clafouti could be baking while you are enjoying your main course. You may use a 9 inch pie plate or (my fave), a quiche pan.
3 cfrozen, sour cherries, thawed and drained
1 1/2 cthawed, cool whip, light whipped topping
1 tspalmond extract
1/4 call purpose flour or you may use gluton-free flour if you have a need to
1 Tbspsugar or sugar substitute
1 Tbsplemon zest, grated
How to Make SOUR CHERRY CLAFOUTI
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Place cherries in 9 inch pie plate, or quiche pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Blend next 4 ingredients in blender until well blended.
- Add flour, sugar and zest; pulse for 30 seconds or until well blended. Pour over cherries.
- Bake 20 mins. Remove from oven,
- Heat the broiler. Broil, 6 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is puffed and golden brown
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with a dolop of Cool Whip, if you like.