SOUR CHERRY CLAFOUTI
When thinking of something quick and easy to bake. this is my favourite "go-to" recipe from KRAFT FOODS HEALTHY LIVING; LIVING WELL WITH DIABETES. Have it prepared and ready to pop into the oven when you start your main course.... Presumably, your oven will already be preheated; the clafouti could be baking while you are enjoying your main course. You may use a 9 inch pie plate or (my fave), a quiche pan.
- 3 c
- frozen, sour cherries, thawed and drained
- whole egg
- egg whites
- 1 1/2 c
- thawed, cool whip, light whipped topping
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour or you may use gluton-free flour if you have a need to
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon zest, grated
How to Make SOUR CHERRY CLAFOUTI
- 1Heat oven to 375 F
- 2Place cherries in 9 inch pie plate, or quiche pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- 3Blend next 4 ingredients in blender until well blended.
- 4Add flour, sugar and zest; pulse for 30 seconds or until well blended. Pour over cherries.
- 5Bake 20 mins. Remove from oven,
- 6Heat the broiler. Broil, 6 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is puffed and golden brown
- 7Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with a dolop of Cool Whip, if you like.