Penuche....Brown Sugar Fudge
1 cbutter, melted
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cwhole milk
1 tsppure vanilla extract
3-4 csifted powdered sugar
1 1/2 ccoarse chopped pecans, optional
How to Make Penuche....Brown Sugar Fudge
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Measure Brown Sugar, set aside
- Sift powdered sugar, set aside.
- Melt butter
- Stir in Brown Sugar. Cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in the milk. Stirring constantly bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat cool 30-40 minutes. Stir in Vanilla extract
- Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Keep adding powdered sugar until it reaches a ''fudgey consistency''. I use a hand mixer on low for this step.
- Add nuts. Spoon into the loaf pan, cover and chill until firm. This freezes well.