Not Originally Intended That Way Peach Crisp
How to Make Not Originally Intended That Way Peach Crisp
- Heat oven to 425
Coat 2 quart sauce pan with no-stick spray - Wash peaches then quarter leaving skin on and place in pan.
- Add margarine (butter), spices, and apple juice - bring to bubble, then simmer until fruit can be easily mashed with a dinner fork
- While fruit mixture is simmering combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in separate bowl. Add shortening cutting into dry ingredients with pastry blender or dinner fork. Add egg, blend with fork until mixture forms a paste. (I was out of shortening so I substituted margarine - with shortening it may be a crumbly-paste consistency)
- Coat small baking dish with no-stick spray. Pour in fruit mixture. Top with crisp mixture. Bake.
(Remember if you are using a glass baking dish reduce the heat by 25 degrees)
- I didn't add sugar to the fruit mixture so it was a little on the tart side which went well with the sweetness of the crisp topping. If you'd like top with unsweetened whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
- * As a side note, the 45 minute prep time includes cooking the fruit and mixing the topping. The cook time is the baking time.