☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 largeegg whites
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
1/2 tspcream of tartar
5 csliced fresh strawberries, sweetened to taste
1-1/2 cwhipped cream or topping
How to Make Muz's Schaum Torte
- Place egg whites in very clean large bowl and let stand to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees; Add vinegar, vanilla, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites.
- Beat until soft peaks form; Now, slowly start to beat in the sugar about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high; Beat until stiff shinny peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread into a greased 10" springform pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Keep in closed oven for 1 to allow the dessert to dry. Run a knife around the edge of the torte in the pan to prevent it cracking, or tearing apart.
- Serve with the sweetened strawberries and whipped cream. Keep leftovers in the refirgerator.