Maple Pecan Squares
Please use pure maple syrup in this recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
How to Make Maple Pecan Squares
- 1Base: Preheat oven to 350 degrees to cook cookie base.
- 2Rub the flour, sugar and butter together in bowl, mix well and press firmly into 8 x 10" pan.
- 3Bake for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5Topping: Combine sugar and syrup in pot.
- 6Simmer on stove for 5 minutes.
- 7Cool and pour over the beaten eggs.
- 8Stirring well add the remaining ingredients.
- 9Pour over the partially baked dough and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 10Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 20 minutes longer.
- 11Cool and cut into squares-- enjoy-- enjoy-- enjoy.
Bet you can't eat just one.