Maple Pecan Squares
Please use pure maple syrup in this recipe.
·1 cup flour
·1⁄4 cup brown sugar
·1⁄2 cup butter
·2⁄3 cup brown sugar
·1 cup maple syrup
·2 large eggs, beaten
·1⁄4 cup butter
·1⁄4 teaspoon salt
·2⁄3 cup pecan halves
·1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
·2 tablespoons flour
How to Make Maple Pecan Squares
- Base: Preheat oven to 350 degrees to cook cookie base.
- Rub the flour, sugar and butter together in bowl, mix well and press firmly into 8 x 10" pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Topping: Combine sugar and syrup in pot.
- Simmer on stove for 5 minutes.
- Cool and pour over the beaten eggs.
- Stirring well add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the partially baked dough and bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Cool and cut into squares-- enjoy-- enjoy-- enjoy.
Bet you can't eat just one.