CHOCOLATE PASTRY SQUARES
Recipe: Great American Home Baking
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large
- 3/4 c
- (about 4 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped walnuts
How to Make CHOCOLATE PASTRY SQUARES
- 1Unfold the pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Cut each sheet into twelve 3-inch cutouts.
- 2Place 12 squares on a large ungreased baking sheet. Using a 1-1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of the remaining 12 squares. Reserve the round cutouts.
- 3Combine the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl, beat with a fork to blend. Brush the egg wash over the uncut pastry squares on the baking sheet. Place the squares with the centers cut out on top of the uncut squares. Brush the stacked squares with the egg wash.
- 4Combine the melted chocolate and walnuts in a small bowl. Spoon into center holes of the stacked squares. Brush the round cutouts with the remaining egg wash. Place the rounds on top of the filling, pressing down slightly.
- 5Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.