Chocolate Cherry Bread
2/3 cdried cherries
6 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 csour cream
1 largevery ripe banana, mashed
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cflour
·1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cchopped pecans
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Bread
- Soak the dried cherries in hot water for 15 minutes.
Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter on high speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in sour cream, banana, and vanilla until well blended, about 1 minute.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture to banana mixture until just combined.
Fold in nuts and cherries.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 5 inch loaf pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.