Cheesecake you Say!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1/4 lb (4 oz) shortcrust pastry, (your preference)
·jam, raspberry, (blackcurrant, cherry, plum, pear, or lemon curd - optional)
·3 tbsp butter, softened
·3 tbsp icing sugar
·1 large egg, lightly beaten
·1/4 tsp vanilla extract, pure
·3 oz flour, all purpose
·1/2 tsp of baking powder
·1/4 tsp salt
·icing sugar (garnish)
How to Make Cheesecake you Say!
- Preheat the oven 425F.
Lightly butter your muffin tin and set aside.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry and cut into circles (3-inch).
- Press the circles into the bottom of your muffin tin; and add 1 tsp of jam on top of the pastry circles. Set aside until needed.
- In a large bowl add the butter and sugar, creaming it together until light and fluffy.
Then beat in the egg slowly until well mixed, now add the vanilla and mix again.
In a bowl sift the flour and baking powder together. Once sifted slowly fold the flour mixture into the batter.
- Mix well and then divide the cake batter evenly between your muffin cups.
- Bake in preheat 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
They are ready to come out when they have risen and are a beautiful golden brown.
- Leave in the muffin tin for 5 minutes; then remove and place on a wire rack.
When completely cooled and ready to serve sprinkle with a little dusting of icing sugar.