caramel center brownies with walnuts
3/4 cbaking cocoa
1 ccanola oil
1/4 c2% milk
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 csemi sweet chocolate chips
1 cchopped walnuts, divided
14 ozcan sweetened condensed milk
How to Make caramel center brownies with walnuts
- In a large bowl beat sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add to egg mixture until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, reserving 1/2 cup for center of brownies.
- Spoon 2/3 of batter into a 9x13 pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile put unwrapped caramels in a large glass bowl with the sweetened condensed milk. Zap for 3 minutes occasionally stirring until caramels are melted.
- Pour Carmel layer over baked brownie layer.
- Sprinkle walnuts over all.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoons over the Carmel layer, smooth the chocolate, and then carefully swirl with a knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in the center does out with moist crumbs, do not over bake.
- Cool on a wire rack.