Betty's Cookie Barrel "Bits" Bars
Any cookie will do - for those with Gluten issues, use gluten free cookies.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·90 g (3 oz) butter
·20 cookies, broken (or a medium zip lock bag full of cookie bits)
·1 cup desiccated coconut
·1 packet of choc chips (or what ever flavour chips you have handy)
·1/2 cup chopped or flaked nuts of your choice (i like pecans or almonds)
·1 tin sweetened condensed milk
How to Make Betty's Cookie Barrel "Bits" Bars
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC (365oF). Grease and line 20x30 cm slab cake tin (8x10 in).
- Melt the butter and pour into the tin over the baking paper. Move the butter all around to all the edges.
- Pour in the cookie bits and try to have them all in a single layer - there will be some holes.
- Sprinkle over the coconut, nuts and choc (or what ever flavour) chips and cover with the condensed milk.
- Bake in the prepared oven for about 20 -25 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly and the condensed milk has gone all caramel-y.
- Cool in the tin. Remove when cold and slice into squares.