Best ever Pecan Pie Bars
5 stickunsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspkosher salt
FOR THE TOPPING
4 stickunsalted butter
1 clight karo syrup
3 clight brown sugar
1/4 cheavy cream
2 lbpecans, chopped
How to Make Best ever Pecan Pie Bars
- For the crust, beat the butter and granulated sugar in an electric mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 18x12x1 inch baking sheet,making an edge around the outside, the dough will be sticky,sprinkle your hands and the dough lightly with flour. Bake the crust for 15 minutes until the rust is set but not browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the topping combine the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the butter is melted using a wooden spoon to stir. Raise the heat and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and pecans
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until cold. Cut into bars and serve.